Today’s business and technical training requirements can be a complex maze to navigate.
Color Compass University facilitates and provides a variety of training options to the collision repair industry that can be customized to individual shop requirements.
The company’s first training centres were in Edmonton and Winnipeg and provided primarily refinishing training, but soon evolved with the newer locations in Calgary and Coquitlam, B.C., to host full technical and business sessions.
• Scheduled and on-demand technical training and business-management workshops
• Product, equipment and refinishing demonstrations
• Automotive Management Institute courses that offer industry-recognized certificates and professional designations for the collision repair industry training can be accessed via the Color Compass website
• OEM forums, seminars and specialized certification training
• Comprehensive welding training • The latest in equipment manufacturers’ advanced technical training, including frame repair, 3D measuring and diagnostics (scan and calibration tools)
• Industry-leading production, business management and financial performance courses
Training coordinators can do a training needs analysis and provide the latest info on how to obtain a wide variety of accreditation and certifications, including I-Car and OEM programs.
The evolution of more complex equipment, certification requirements and business solutions quickly saw the training centre calendars fill up in recent years to satisfy an increasing need.
OEMs have also turned to CCU facilities to train in approved equipment and certification courses and to host meetings.
CCU has also become a popular place to host information sessions and industry forums as the need to communicate the latest trends and requirements increases.
Internal staff training has also become of the utmost importance to Color Compass. Training workshops are held regularly for employees to keep them informed and educated. Further, Color Compass has used the current social distancing situation to offer insightful webinars to its clients.
“One of the toughest things happening in the industry right now is the ability to stay current as the complexity of collision repairs continue to increase,” says Color Compass. “Our mission is to help satisfy the demand for knowledge and skills required for effective job performance.”